J.L. Bray & Son is a team-first construction company. We recognize the important role that every member plays, and emphasize company success through teamwork and a dedication to safety.
If you’re interested in joining the J.L. Bray & Son Team,
submit your resume or contact us for more information.
We are eager to hear from all applicants. Have a question about employment opportunities or just want to get in touch with someone from the J.L. Bray & Son team? Click below to contact us today.
Find career opportunities below
- 3+ years experience in commercial construction estimating
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- Able to read and analyze architectural plans and develop conceptual and detailed cost estimates
- Strong understanding of commercial and public works construction processes
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PlanGrid
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
- Review all bids, scope out subcontractors and negotiate final contract pricing with subcontractors
- Draft subcontractor scopes of work to be included in subcontracts, coordinate with PA to have subcontracts issued
- Develop master project schedule to be included as an attachment to subcontracts
- Organize and lead all OAC project meetings
- Attend weekly subcontractor coordination meetings led by Superintendent as necessary
- Work with Superintendent to implement and maintain master project schedule
- Review 2-week look ahead schedules with superintendents and track against the overall project schedule.
- Review and approve contractor and vendor pay requisitions
- Assist with preconstruction services, as needed
- Oversee and direct all construction management activities
- Complete projects within given budget and time frame while maintaining exceptional quality expectations
- Work with subcontractors and design professionals to anticipate and solve problems before they negatively impact project schedule, budget and quality.
- Maintaining accurate job schedules.
- Assist the Project Manager with generating RFIs, generating Change Orders.
- Coordinate/ organize subs and in-house labor and foreman at the job site.
- Ordering rough and finish materials in a timely matter and ensuring all required tools are prepared.
- Assist with rough and finish work.
- Communicate with owners, architects and engineers via email, phone and in-person meetings.
- Schedule and oversee inspections as needed.
- Approving and ensuring on-site laborers time sheets and billed hours are accurate.
- Administrative: maintain a project’s administrative files, such as approved change orders, permits, proposals, and RFIs, up-to-date on both paper and virtual formats.
- Attend weekly in-office team meeting at Company offices.
- Quality control: ensure the utmost quality is maintained and completed in the project’s work in an efficient and effective manner.
Fill out the form to apply
If you are interested in a position at J.L. Bray & Son, please complete the form below. We will review your application and get back to you.